EVX-2 FWD/REV/BRK Programmable Electronic Speed Control
The EVX-2 delivers an incredible 16-plus volts, from two battery packs, making 16.8-volt, twin-motor setups more powerful than ever! Designed by Traxxas, the EVX-2 features a completely waterproof design, three drive profiles, Thermal Shutdown Protection, and gold-plated patented Traxxas High-Current Connectors. The EVX-2 also includes patented Training Mode.™ This profile reduces the overall power output of the EVX-2 by 50% making it easier for young/new drivers to develop their control skills before unleashing full-power operation. EVX-2 is equipped with two-stage low voltage detection (LVD) to allow LiPo battery use. The EVX-2 is manufactured by Traxxas to ensure the highest level of quality and support. The EVX-2 is backed by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty.
Traxxas High-Current Connector*
The EVX-2 ESC is equipped with the patented Traxxas high-current connectors for restriction-free current flow.
The EVX-2 uses Traxxas ' exclusive EZ-Set push-button set-up and a multi-colored LED making it a snap to adjust. Its microprocessor control has three built-in programming modes including: Sport Mode with forward, brakes, and reverse; Racing Mode with forward, brakes, and no reverse; and the patented Training Mode™ that limits forward and reverse power by 50% while still applying 100% brakes. Built-in thermal shutdown protection adds an extra level of safety. Sophisticated, high-frequency operation and low internal resistance provide longer run times, more speed, and more fun!
The exclusive patented Training Mode™ limits full throttle output to 50% making it easier for new or young drivers to develop their control skills. With the high-frequency efficiency of the EVX-2, run time is also greatly increased. When they're ready, simply change profiles to unleash full-throttle action. Only Traxxas has it!
EVX-2 Waterproof ESC Features:
- Built-in two-stage low voltage detection (LVD) for Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery use
- 16.8 Volts of Power
- Waterproof Design
- Microprocessor Controlled
- Traxxas High-Current Connectors*
- Three Drive Profiles
- Patented Training Mode
- EZ-Set® Push-Button Set-Up
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- For Traxxas E-Maxx®, E-Revo® and Summit
- Input voltage: 6-14 NiCad and NiMH cells (7.2 to 16.8 volts DC) 4-cell LiPo (14.8 volts DC)
- Case Size: 2.27"W x 2"D x 1.05"H
- Weight: 3.6 ounces
- Motor Limit (540 size): 10-turns
- Motor Limit (550 size): 12-turns
- On-Resistance (@Trans)–FWD/REV: 0.004 ohms / 0.004 ohms
- Rated Current–FWD/REV: 180 amps / 180 amps
- Braking Current: 360 amps
- Continuous Current (at 100°F amb.): 30 Amps
- Reverse Delay: None.
- BEC Voltage: 6.0 volts DC
- BEC Current: 2.5 amps
- Power Wire: 14 Gauge / 3"
- Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 9.5"
- Motor Wires: 14 Gauge / 4"
- Transistor Type: MOSFET
- PWM Frequency: 1700 Hz
- Thermal Protection: Thermal shutdown
- Profile Selection:
Sport Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, 100% rev.
Race Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, no rev.
Training Mode*: 50% fwd, 100% brakes, 50% rev.
- Single-Button Setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set®