What to know about the 212 Predator Ghost Engine from Harbor Freight:
- As most of you know the Ghost is a Ducar style 212cc engine with a Chinese copy of a Briggs Animal slide carb, a slightly different cam profile, factory top plate and most importantly a 6000 RPM Rev limiting coil.
- This engine comes with your standard looking cast iron flywheel but it has one major difference from all the other cast iron flywheels.
- The timing key is cut at a different location because the rev limiting coil has a much different trigger point than the regular Predator or Clone coils do. This means that the Ghost rev limiting coil will not work with any of ARC current billet flywheels. In order to use an ARC billet flywheel on the Ghost 212cc engine you will need to change to a standard Predator, Clone or Honda coil.
- Just a reminder that if you do change to a standard Predator or Clone coil with an ARC billet flywheel, it will no longer be rev limited by the ignition. So a billet rod would also be in order.
- From what we have seen and heard the valve train can differ from one engine to another. Some may have 5mm stems and some may have 5.5mm stems.
- All will have 27/25mm heads and will be overall longer than other engine types on the market, so you will need to pull the valves out and measure the OD and length of the stems before ordering aftermarket valves.
Here is a parts list of the billet and replacement parts for the Ghost 212cc engine:
- Billet Flywheels:
A6619, A6689, A6602
- Predator/Clone coil: JF168.10-2
- Billet Rod for Ghost piston:
- Billet Rods for Hemi Flattop piston:
A6269, A6270, A6271
- Hemi Flattop piston kit:
Any cam for Honda/Clone/Hemi engine
- Billet Sidecover:
- Head Gasket:
DJ168F-11010-F for .040” thick
711310 for .010” thick
- Sidecover Gasket:
- Stainless Valves for 5.5mm stem:
ARC Racing Contributed to this Post