This asymmetric torque converter design has been very popular the past 30 yrs, and has been used on many different brands of 5 - 9 HP small engines, go-karts, and mini bikes.
This torque converter is an asymmetrical inline small engine clutch that will help you get more power out of your small engine by reducing engine load. A torque converter acts similar to a transmission, allows higher speeds out of your small engine, and smoother acceleration.
Engagement range is approximately 2350 RPM; however, this can be adjusted from Minimum 1200 RPM - Maximum 3100 RPM by changing out springs (not included) and other adjustments.
Our torque converter fits a 3/4" shaft and comes with a 12 tooth sprocket for a 35 chain & 10 tooth sprocket of a #41 chain. It will work with small engines producing 5.5 HP - 9 HP.
Engine comparability: It is compatible on most small engines with horizontal shaft.
- Honda (and clones)
This unit replaces:
- Comet 218353A, 219552A, 219456A, 203814A, and 217610A TAV2 30-75 Torq-A-Verters
- Yerf Dog Driver Unit Q43201W
- Driven unit: Diameter 157mm
- Drive clutch bore: 19mm (3/4")
- Belt: Asymmetrical type
- Top width: 19mm(3/4")
- Sprocket teeth: #35 12T or #41 10T
- Engagement range: 2350 RPM
- Recommended engine: 5.5HP - 9HP engine, 3/4" shaft with flat key
- Bolt Pattern to Mount to Engine: (4) 5/16" holes on a 3-5/8" bolt circle, and (4) 5/16" holes on a 5" bolt circle.
- Driver Unit:1set
- Driven Unit:1set
- Belt: 1pc (Replacement belt number is 473725 or 473669)
- Driven Shaft & Gear:1set
- Side Retainer Plate:1pc
- Torque Converter Cover:1pc
- All necessary nuts, bolts, and washers to mount