This is "The Model Railroader's Guide to Coal Railroading" Model Railroader Book from Kalmbach Publishing Company.
Author: Tony Koester
- An excellent perfect bound, paperback reference for those modelers who want to add coal operations to their layout.
- Thru the heavy use of photos and diagrams, this book offers an in-depth look at where coalfields are located and how coal is mined. You'll also find information and tips about:
* Underground and surface mines
* Tipples, breakers, and loaders
* Types of coal
* Historic coal-hauling railroads
* Railroad operations and equipment
* Company towns
- Prototype photos, drawings and information to accurately replicate the industries, including a historical overview of the industry.
- Detailed and easy-to-follow with more than 130 color photos, and 70 black-and-white photos.
INCLUDES: 96 Pages
SPECS: Size: 8.25" x 10.75" (210mm x 274mm)