This unit is an add-on for the MyChron4 or MyChron5 Kart Dash (sold separately). It plugs into the CAN expansion port on the dash to expand the capabilities of your dash.
The Expansion has a single CAN expansion port plus 4 additional sensor inputs. All four inputs can accept common karting sensors (brake / throttle position, temperature, steering angle). One of the four inputs can accept a speed sensor instead. Requires an external 12 volt power source such as the battery on a TaG kart.
The Aim Mychron Expansion Box with External Power Lead is the new channel multiplier improving MyChron5 and MyChron5 2T performances with the four additional channels and a further connector for the CAN bus
.Through this last connector The MyChron5 can be connected to another Aim system via LCU Lambda controller, GPS Module or the SmartyCam the on-board camera or a Data key for data download.
Thanks to its specific wiring, the MyChron Expansion powers MyChron5 and its peripherals with an external battery, avoiding internal battery consumption. MyChron Expansion features four inputs to connect MyChron5 to an equal number of additional channels.
All channels are easily configurable as analog through MyChron4 menu to sample data outcoming from:
- Exhaust gas valve position sensor (very important to understand at which RPM value the exhaust port opens)
- Wheel speed sensor: the first input on the left can be configured also as digital input
- No contact brake pedal position sensor
- No contact throttle pedal position sensor (to know if and when to accelerate)
- Brake pressure sensor
- Water temperature or cylinder head temperature (PT100 thermo-resistor only)
- Steering angle potentiometer (to highlight over/under steering situations)
- Brake pedal potentiometer
- Throttle pedal potentiometer
- MyChron Expansion is a complete, value-for-money instrument for professional kart analysis.