Comet TAV2 Torque-A-Verter Converter - Made in USA
This is an asymmetrical type torque converter system which means the sheave faces are non-symmetrical. They have different angles. In this case, the moveable sheave face is 18" while the stationary sheave face is 2-1/2" for a collective angle of 20-1/2". Here are some reasons for selecting the asymmetrical concept. The Torque-A-Verter can attain an .90:1 or 10% overdrive.
- Cast Aluminum Backplate
- 6" OD Driven
- Drive Clutch Engagement: 2200 RPM
- Drive Belt: 3/4" Top Width - Asymmetrical
- Drive Clutch Bore: 3/4" (3/16 Key) or 1" (1/4 Key)
- HP: Up to 8 HP (2 Cycle / 4 Cycle)
- Sprocket: #35 (12T) or #41 (10T)
- Bolt Pattern to Mount to Engine: (4) 5/16" holes on a 3-5/8" bolt circle, and (4) 5/16" holes on a 5" bolt circle.
Engine compatibility: It is compatible on most small engines with horizontal shaft.
Note: A gusset (fin) on the backplate may need notched to mount flush!
- Predator 212cc
- Honda (and clones)